Berwick Hall was built around the late 1600's and is a category A listed building and is the oldest inhabited property in the area. The Berwick family built and lived in the property until the 1860's. It was then purchased, and is still lived in, by the Wilson family.
Berwick cottage and most of the farm buildings are constructed of landstone and bonded together with lime mortar (from the nearby Clarehill Quarry). Bangor blue slates were used for roofing the building whereas the older dwelling house is roofed with thatch (wheat straw).